We are a Bible teaching ministry that believes and teaches the whole Bible. We want to be like the noble Bereans who studied the Scriptures daily to know the truth, and we are here to contend earnestly for the faith that was once delivered to the saints.
The Gentiles shall come to You From the ends of the earth and say, “Surely our fathers have inherited lies, Worthlessness and unprofitable things.” (Jeremiah 16:19)
We have all inherited lies. It is not your fault, you didn’t know, but now it is time to UNLEARN the lies, because the truth will make you free. We hope that this website will help you UNLEARN many of those un-Biblical doctrines and traditions, and learn the truth about what the Bible really teaches.
UNLEARN is devoted to helping believers find the truth and unlearn the lies we have inherited.
To spread the gospel throughout the world, making disciples for Yeshua, and teaching them to obey all of His commandments.
Our Messiah taught us to beware the doctrine of the Pharisees and Sadducees (Matthew 16:12), and to watch out for false teachers (Matthew 7:15). He also said, “My doctrine is not Mine, but His who sent Me” (John 7:16). Likewise, Paul urges us not to be tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine (Ephesians 4:14) and warns that the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine (2 Timothy 4:3), but encourages us to speak the things which are proper for sound doctrine (Titus 2:1).
It is obvious that having sound Biblical beliefs is important, which is why I posted this list of fundamental beliefs that I believe are foundational in having a right understanding of Scripture, and having a right relationship toward Yahweh. This is not meant to be an exhaustive list, but simply a starting point for our faith. I do not want to follow man-made doctrines, so I prefer to stick with what the Scriptures tell us.
- Yahweh is our God and Yahweh is One (Deuteronomy 6:4)
- Yahweh created the heavens and earth in six days and rested on the Sabbath (Exodus 20:11)
- We must love Yahweh with all of our heart, soul, and strength (Deuteronomy 6:5)
- Yeshua is the Word of Yahweh and His only begotten Son (John 1:1,14)
- Yeshua was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of a virgin (Matthew 1:18,20,23)
- All things were made through Yeshua, and without Him nothing was made that was made (John 1:3)
- In Yeshua dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily (Colossians 2:9)
- Yeshua is the Messiah, the Son of the living God (Matthew 16:16)
- Yeshua is our Great High Priest in heaven (Hebrews 4:14)
- Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved (Acts 4:12)
- All Scripture is given by inspiration of Yahweh, and is profitable for doctrine, reproof, correction, and instruction in righteousness (2 Timothy 3:16)
- No prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation (2 Peter 1:20)
- The law of Yahweh is perfect (Psalm 19:7)
- We are to love Yahweh, and keep His charge, His statutes, His judgments, and His commandments always (Deuteronomy 11:1)
- Yeshua did not come to abolish the law or prophets, and heaven and earth will pass away before even a single jot is removed from the law (Matthew 5:17-19)
- Whoever commits sin also commits lawlessness, and sin is lawlessness (1 John 3:4)
- We receive blessings if we obey the commandments, and a curse if we disobey (Deuteronomy 11:27-28)
- The wages of sin is death, but the gift of Yahweh is eternal life in Yeshua our Messiah (Romans 6:23)
- Messiah died for our sins, was buried, and rose again the third day according to the Scriptures (1 Corinthians 15:3-4)
- If Yeshua did not resurrect, then our faith is futile; and we are still in our sins (1 Corinthians 15:17)
- No one has ascended to heaven except Yeshua, who is now in heaven (John 3:13)
- We shall be made alive at Yeshua’s return (1 Corinthians 15:23)
- Satan will be bound for a thousand years while Yeshua reigns on the earth with those who are part of the first resurrection (Revelation 20:2,4)
- After the thousand years, there will be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and the unjust (Acts 24:15)
- The dead will be judged according to what is written in the book of life (Revelation 20:12)
- The righteous will be given everlasting life, but the unrighteous will receive shame and everlasting contempt (Daniel 12:2, Matthew 25:46)
As I already stated, this is not meant to be a complete list of everything we believe, it is simply a starting point of some basic, fundamental beliefs.
You may not know this, but while our Messiah was on earth, He was never called by the name “Jesus”. This English translation was developed about 500 years ago. Our Messiah never even spoke English. He was raised in a culture that spoke Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek. His Hebrew name was Yahoshua, His Aramaic name was Yeshua, and His Greek name was Iesous. I choose to refer to Him by His Hebrew or Aramaic name, because it has such powerful meaning and significance. His Hebrew name, Yahoshua, means “Yah is salvation”, and His Aramaic name, Yeshua, means “salvation”. This is significant because Joseph was told to name Him “Yeshua, for He will save His people from their sins.” (Matthew 1:21) His name is Salvation! Unfortunately, the English word “Jesus” does not have the same significance and meaning. So, I hope you will not be offended when I call my Messiah by his given name, because it is the name above every name, and there is power in His name.